She may be a hotel heiress, but Nicky Hilton is also
a savvy businesswoman who wants women to look
ah-mazing with the one accessory most of us can’t
live without.
We’re about to embark on the sizzling summer
season, but the 31-year-old statuesque blonde is
already thinking about autumn, all thanks to her
latest creation, which has already made its debut in
February at Las Vegas and New York City trade
shows. Hilton has teamed up with renowned
handbag and accessories brand Linea Pelle to
create a Fall 2015 capsule collection, titled NICKY
HILTON x linea pelle .
“I grew up with Linea Pelle belts and handbags in
my wardrobe,” said Hilton in an official statement..
“It was a natural choice to work together on this
new collection.”
“I’m really pleased with how the collection has
turned out,” she added. “Each piece is stylish and
practical for every day. I try to always design
timeless pieces that women will have in their
wardrobes for years to come.”
However, this isn’t Hilton’s first time designing
handbags for the masses. The celebrated
entrepreneur has been passionate about this
fashion staple for over a decade now, giving a
whole new stylish meaning to the term "bag-lady."
But that’s not all Hilton has up her sleeve. She’s
also a planning her wedding to England-based
banker James Rothschild, and potentially even
changing her famous last name. (Whoa, right?)
FOX News Magazine chatted with Hilton about her
new capsule collection, her style do's and don’ts,
and the deets on much-talked about nuptials.
WATCH: Paris Hilton Talks Exercise Habits, Fatty
Indulgences, and Dog Mini-Mansions

FNM: Can you tell us more about your Fall 2015
capsule collection?
NH: I’ve collaborated with Linea Pelle on a small
capsule collection [because] I’ve really wanted to
embody my personality, aesthetic and taste into
this line. I’ve featured my favorite shapes, styles
and colors. I wanted to keep it really classic. I kept
versatility in mind when designing the bags because
I wanted them to be staples in women’s wardrobes
for years to come. I didn’t really want to make
something trendy. I was moreso interested in
designing for the everyday girl.
The clutches are my favorites, even though I’m the
type of girl who carries a lot in her everyday life. I
carry makeup, perfume, my phone – you name it
and it’s probably in my bag. But even though these
clutches are itty-bitty and cute, they’re also
practical, especially for someone like me. I really
wanted my collection to be timeless, practical and
stylish.

FNM: Just speaking to you, it’s so easy to tell that
bags are a huge passion.
NH: Yes! Bags were actually my first foray into the
fashion world. I started designing handbags when I
was 17, so this is something I know really well. And
I love doing it.

FNM: In your opinion, why should all women have
that right bag to complete any look?
NH: I just think bags are so personal, yet they can
make or break an outfit. Our bags carry all of our
secrets and treasures, so it’s sort of like a trophy.

FNM: What are some major do's and don’ts you can
suggest on finding that go-to bag?
NH: I like finding unique bags. I’m sort of over the
whole "It-bag," where every girl is carrying the
same style. When I’m shopping for a handbag, I
want something unique, and when I say unique, I
mean a shape or print that I’m not going to see
everyone and their mother carrying.

FNM: As someone who is all about personal style, I
read that you used to tell your sister Paris that it
was OK not to match when it comes to fashion.
Could you tell some other tips or advice you’ve
shared with her?
NH: I just told her it’s OK to mix it up. Fashion, for
me, is all about experimenting, taking some risks
and stepping outside your comfort zone … There’s
no real rule when it comes to fashion. It’s really just
about expressing yourself and having fun.

FNM: What advice can you give to women on
finding timeless pieces?
NH: I definitely would suggest spending more on
investment pieces, like the classics that never go
out of style. And when I say classics, I mean
something like a plain trenchcoat. I wouldn’t invest
so much on trendy pieces, because they will go out
of style.
FNM: What’s one fashion trend you absolutely hate
and why?
NH: Birkenstocks [laughs]. I refuse to wear those.
They are so hideous. I know they were all the rage
this past year and a lot of the high-end designers
started doing them, but I don’t care how
comfortable they are, they are not cute. There’s
nothing stylish about them.

FNM: Looking back, what was your biggest fashion
regret?
NH: I would say the tanning salon phase. I lived in
L.A. a few blocks away from a tanning salon, so
needless to say, I visited it way too much. And
when I look back at photos, it’s a little … shocking.
WATCH: Paris Hilton Launches 18th Fragrance,
Gives Tips to Guys on Buying Perfume
FNM: If we were to get a sneak peek inside your
makeup bag right now, what would we find?
NH: You would find black eyeliner, black
eyeshadow, black mascara and red lipstick.
FNM: In your opinion, how can any woman enhance
her personal style?
NH: I think it’s all about being original and true to
yourself. I think we live in a society where so many
young girls are trying to dress like their favorite
actor or musician, and it just looks like a bunch of
clones walking around. I highly encourage women to
find their own original sense of style and come up
with [their] own trademarks.
FNM: I was told that you’re in the process of
planning your wedding. First of all, congratulations.
Second of all, what has been the biggest challenge
you’ve faced in the wedding planning process?
NH: Thank you! I think planning a wedding in
London from New York City has been the most
challenging part of the process. There’s going to be
a lot of back and forth going on.
FNM: I was also reading that you’re considering
taking your husband’s last name. How do you
respond to those who are surprised over you
changing such an iconic name like Hilton?
NH: You know, I’m very traditional, and that’s just
what happens. The bride takes her husband’s last
name.
magazine.foxnews.com/style-beauty/nicky-hilton-talks-designing-bags-planning-wedding-and-fashion-donts
magazine.foxnews.com/style-beauty/nicky-hilton-talks-designing-bags-planning-wedding-and-fashion-donts

Post a Comment